The proposed St. Vincents Hospital Fairview LRD development will comprise of the following:
• Provision of a new part two and part three storey hospital building, providing mental health services, accommodating 73 no. beds, associated facilities, a single storey facilities management building, plant rooms and service areas, associated car and cycle parking, access roads, and open space, all on a proposed hospital site of c. 2.67 ha.
• Refurbishment and repurposing of existing buildings on site including Brooklawn (RPS Ref.: 8789), Richmond House, including chapel and outbuildings (RPS Ref.: 8788), the Laundry building and Rose Cottage for ancillary uses associated with the new hospital. The existing gate lodge building will remain in residential use and used by visiting members of staff to the new hospital.
• Change of use, refurbishment, alterations and extensions, to the existing hospital building (part protected structure under RPS Ref.: 2032), to provide residential amenity areas, a gym, a café, co-working space, a library, a childcare facility, and a community hall (referred to as Block K).
• The proposal includes the demolition of existing structures on site with a GFA of 5,872 sq.m, including the (1) westernmost range of the hospital building, which includes St. Teresa’s and the Freeman Wing, (2) extensions to the south and north of the main hospital building, including the conservatory extension, toilet block extension, an external corridor, toilet core, lift core, and stair core (which are all part of / within the curtilage of RPS Ref.: 2032), (3) hospital buildings and outbuildings located to the north of the existing main hospital building, (4) St. Joseph’s Adolescent School located in the southeast of the site, (5) Crannog Day Hospital located in the southwest of the site, and (6) extensions to the Old Laundry Building and Rose Cottage.
• Provision of 9 no. residential buildings (Blocks A, B, C, D-E, F, G, H, J, and L) providing a total of 811 no. residential units, including 494 no. standard designed apartments (in Blocks A, B, C, G, H, J, and L) and 317 no. Build to Rent apartments (in Blocks D-E and F). Residential amenities and facilities are proposed in Block C, D-E, J and K. A retail unit is proposed in Block A and a café in Block F. Block J is proposed as an extension of the existing hospital buildings (protected structure RPS Ref.: 2032- referred to as Block K).
• The building heights of the proposed residential blocks range from part 2 to part 13 storeys. A proposed basement / lower ground level, containing car and cycle parking and plant areas, is located below and accessed via Blocks C, D-E and F.
• Access to the new hospital and associated grounds is provided from Richmond Road and Convent Avenue, with separate internal access points. A separate vehicular access to the residential development is provided from Richmond Road. The development includes a proposed pedestrian / cycle connection to Griffith Court, requiring alterations to the service yard of the Fairview Community Unit, pedestrian / cycle connections to the Fairview Community Unit campus to the north (providing an onward connection to Griffith Court), a pedestrian / cycle connection to Grace Park Wood, and makes provision internally within the site for a potential future connection to Lomond Avenue / Inverness Road.
• The proposal includes public open space, including allotments, children’s play areas, a central park, a linear park and an entrance plaza, with a set down area at Richmond Road, and communal open space at surface level. The proposal includes communal roof terraces on Block C and Blocks D-E and private balconies / terraces for the apartments.
• The proposal also includes provision of internal access roads, car and cycle parking, pedestrian and cycle infrastructure, associated set down areas, alterations to existing landscape features, landscaping, boundary treatments, lighting, telecommunications infrastructure at roof level of Block B, green roofs, lift overruns and plant at roof level, site services, including a watermain connection / upgrade via Griffith Court, Philipsburgh Avenue and Griffith Avenue, site clearance, and all associated site works.